Sunday, October 16, 2011

Buzz Words

I am in the middle of watching the NY Giants play the Buffalo Bills (and what a great game it is). .. its 2 minutes before half time and I stay tuned for this somewhat cool and fast paced Fed Ex Commercial about delivering something to a doctor. At the end of the commercial it says "Innovative Medical Solutions. . .by Fed Ex". Innovative Medical Solutions?? Yes, they are delivering something to do with a medical solution but come on. . .Innovative Medical Solutions???

And so there goes my aha moment of the day! No one pays attention to buzz words anymore. In fact they can often have the reverse effect. If I had a dime for every time I read the words "innovative" or "solution" in a given day, I'd be cooking lobster for dinner instead of spaghetti and meatballs. . .although my meatballs are delicious. In this economy, people who are stressed out and short on time need us sales people to back off the buzz words and get to the point of our conversation. What can we do for our customers? That's the only question we should be asking ourselves before we start yapping. Forward thinking problem solving is in and yes, buzz words are out.

This week the theme of all my sales training and sales strategy planning will be doing away with the buzz words!

Have a great week and go big blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment